Activities & Impact
- Managed and operated by volunteers and 14 teachers
- The School has a student teacher ratio of 1:20 (compared to 1:31 in private schools and 1:37 in public schools)
- Enroll children in the age group of 3 to 15 and runs classes from pre-nursery to Class Ten.
- Located on/ in close proximity to Yamuna river bed which is the living quarters of its demographics.
- Other school options are located in urban colonies and require negotiating traffic and spending scarce resources on transportation.
- Both these factors act as deterrents for parents to send their children to schools especially a girl child.
- By bringing education to their doorstep Pragati is bringing an attitudinal change towards the need for education and open a window of opportunity to break the cycle of poverty and low self-esteem. To provide basic education and personal development to poor children.
- To provide them with exposure to professional opportunities outside their farming communities.
- To inspire students to develop and pursue bigger dreams of professional growth.
- To create a financially sustainable model and associate it with an NGO or a corporate funding source.
GOAL & FUTURE STRATEGY
Our Immediate Goals
- To ensure that children complete their studies up to class XII especially the girl child.
- On completion provide them with skills training to find gainful employment.
- Simultaneously change their social attitudes towards girls and marriage.
- To enroll them into professional courses and they becoming role models for the coming generations.
- Help each student realize their true potential.
- Inculcate values which will make them model citizens of the country.
- Classes: pre-nursery to 8th based on NCERT course curriculum
- Children are registered in National Institute of Open School (NIOS) for secondary and senior secondary examination
- Computer laboratory with 10 computers
- Science laboratory with all necessary instruments and equipments up to class X
- Library facility with a wide variety of books ranging from Indian folk tales to Encyclopedia
- Use of Information Technology for learning through IPads and computers
- Enrolled with learning Portals and English conversation courses